Play By the Rules aims to provide a safe, fair, inclusive environment in sport and recreation
To build the capacity and capability of sport and recreational clubs/associations to prevent and deal with discrimination, harassment and child safety issues in sport.
What it does:
It harnesses the combined strength and knowledge of the human rights and sports and recreation sectors to promote and provide information, tools and resources that will influence attitudes and change behaviours, leading to cultural change in sporting and recreational environments.
It aims to:
Create a safe, fair and inclusive culture across sport and recreation by:
- contributing to policy, programs and practice at a national, State/Territory and local level
- positioning Play by the Rules as a valuable resource and partner
- adopting a behavioural and social change approach to shift knowledge, attitudes and behaviour of all people involved in sport and recreation
- engaging with the media and in social discourse around relevant issues
- developing and promoting evidence-based and content-focused key messages.